SEARCH ENGINE MARKETING (SEM) DRIVES LEADS & SALES
Search engine marketing (SEM) is for getting website traffic through paid ads on the search engines and social media sites – aka “paid search”.
The term Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in turn has come to be known for unpaid (organic) search techniques and is now considered a separate and entirely different method of showing up in the search engines.
The objective of both SEM and SEO is to drive traffic to your website by getting displayed on Google, Bing, Yahoo and social sites. In the USA and Canada Google has around two-thirds of the market.
Ads can also be purchased on social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
PAID SEARCH SERVICES WE PROVIDE
- PPC (pay-per-click) or PPC (pay-per-call on mobile smartphones) – these ads appear along with the organic search listings and are paid per click or a direct call from a smartphone. These ads are similar in format as organic ads.
- Display Ads or Banner Ads – Banner ads or display ads are graphic ads that come in a variety of sizes and shapes. Most search ads are sold on a CPC (cost per click) basis, but some advertising options may also be sold on a CPM (cost-per-thousand impressions) basis.
GET QUICK RESULTS WITH SEM
Consider SEO as a mid to long term strategy as you have to work your way up the search engines by moving your competition down. You don’t pay Google for SEO results.
SEM, on the other hand, is very fast to get visitors to your website as long as you have budget to pay for the ads. When you run out of budget, you are invisible unless you are also working on SEO.
So doing both SEO and SEM is often the best strategy especially if your site is relatively new or you have significant competition.
OUR PROCESS TO SET UP AND MANAGE YOUR SEM CAMPAIGN
- Get detailed keyword research done as potential customers will be using keywords to find your products or services.
- Set up your account. Each search engine or social media site has a slightly different system. Establish priorities and a budget for your search marketing strategy.
- Create your ads. We write your ads following the rules to ensure your ad is compelling as well as relevant. Then submit the ads for approval.
- Test, test, test. We typically run several ads to find the ads that get the best results. This is an ongoing process of testing, dropping non-performing ads and adding new ads with tweaked messages.
- The bottom line is to get results such as website inquiries or phone calls. On an ongoing basis, we monitor the analytics with the goal of getting and improving results.
SEM is not for the faint of heart as you can easily waste your money.
Done well, SEM can pay good dividends with new business as well as provide data for SEO (search engine optimization).
Call today for a complementary consultation.